CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I promise I don't craft all the time!

I seem to be collecting earrings lately. I think it's the long hair. It just makes me love big earrings and I can actually get away with them now. Anyway, back to the point....I am accumulating quite a few pairs of earrings. And the horrible part is I had no where to put them. I just had a tiny little trinket box (OK, two tiny trinket boxes) and to be completely honest, a few ended up in my desk drawer and maybe 1 or 2 in the car. See? I totally needed a place for my new treasures to live. Long story short: I trekked to Goodwill and found an interesting frame (not quite as funky as I would like, but still acceptable) for $2.50. After a quick trip to Home Depot for paint, the grid material, and some cup hooks, and I was in business. Isn't it cute?

Here she is all loaded up. SO much easier than digging!



For Mutual a few weeks ago, the Beehives planned the Missionary Olympics and I was assigned the task of coming up with the medals. And, really, I am so impressed with myself. As of 11pm the night before, I had NO clue what to do, I knew candy was important, but how to do gold, silver and bronze??? Inspiration hit at Wal-Mart at mid-night:





I just bought those gold medals from the party aisle. The gold I left alone and stuck a mini-Twix to the back, for silver I wrapped them in tin foil and stuck a mini-york to the back and for bronze, I just hit the gold with a little brown paint and attached a single Reese's. Oh, and the activity was TOTALLY fun too.



5 comments:

::lindsay said...

LOVE IT!!! I totally want to make one for myself too. I guess a trip to goodwill and a thousand phone calls to you about how to make it are in order...

AOlson said...

Do you ever sleep woman?! You are so amazing with the time you are given! And I totally DITTO Lindsay!!

Sarah said...

You are so inspiring! After the phone call I made about the chore charts...they turned out so cute! Now I am eyeing your earing holder-Ellie is getting so many earings now! You are so good!

Janna G said...

Love the earing holder. LOVE IT!

very cute medals, I miss the young women. sooooo much.

Megan said...

Um...is this what I'm getting for my birthday this year....hint hint...