CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A 'hairy' week

Life has been a little less boring around here. First, while cutting his hair, I discovered a bald spot on Nicklaus - after a visit to the Doctor, we are watching it for a month - if it doesn't grow back, he'll have to have blood work done to check for an iron deficiency. He is not thrilled at the idea of doing 'blood work' so, he is willing it to grow back.




We discovered a leak in the wall of our main bathroom - after Mel pulled up the floor and opened up the wall - it was a nail that just barely pierced a pipe in the wall. So, we had both landlord and builder here yesterday - the builder is actually going to take care of it since it really is due to one of their contractors fault. But in the mean time, we are living in a mini construction zone.



And, not to be out done by her older brother in the hair department, Zoe pulled my Scentsy warmer down on her head last night. Spilling purple wax everywhere. Luckily it melts at such a low temperature, that it didn't burn her, just scared her really good. Yes, for those of you who remember, Tyler did the same thing a few years ago. I think I need to find a new spot for my warmer. The good news is we are becoming pros at cleaning the wax up;)




On a happy, all about me, note - I splurged and bought this adorable soap dispenser at my favorite store last week. Isn't it cute?






8 comments:

Heather said...

Seriously, you and scentsy! Freaky about Nic... hope that hair comes back.

meohmyers said...

That pic of Zoe crying cracked me up! Poor girl. It looks like the removal of wax from her hair was a bit traumatizing. :)

Hope all is okay with Nick! That's a little worrisome - worrysome? I don't know if it's an i or y. Anyway...

Good thing Mel is a plumber! And adorable soap dispenser. It's fun to splurge once in a while!

AOlson said...

Can you come with me to may next Scentsy party and exlpain to all about how to clean up the wax, since you are a Pro and all;)

tharker said...

How DO you get wax out? Poor Zoe. The picture of her crying is sad and adorable at the same time. I know, I'm a meanie, but I always get a chuckle out of pictures of kids crying.(especially my own)

I love your cute new soap dispenser! It also matches your template perfectly!!

Good luck with the hair growing, Nick. I hate having blood work done too!

Good thing your husband is such a handy guy! Kudos to him for finding the problem!!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, wax in the hair!! That can't be easy to get out. I totally remember when Tyler did that and didn't want you to tell anyone but allowed you to tell me. I felt so special.

Suzanne said...

K, so I totally almost bought that soap dispenser the other day! Maybe we're sisters? Ha, and Zoe's picture is seriously still giving me chuckles. Too too funny.

PRP said...

Poor Zoe for wax in the hair and poor Nick for no hair...keep us posted.

Love the soap dispenser!

Mrs. Lundgreen said...

What a happy way to end a sad post! I love that owl dispenser - and I'm so glad to see your blog! Happy Birthday soon...:)