CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Show and Tell

Earlier this month, I purchased this shelving unit for my boys' bedroom. While assembling the unit, I came up with a great idea to add a little personality to the 'backing' of the cubes. Here is before:



And after:




I just grabbed 5 sheets of coordinating scrapbook paper and a jar of Mod Podge, and applied the paper directly to the provided backing for the unit. It was so quick and so easy. I love the look - it adds just a little bit of custom to 'build your own' furniture

12 comments:

homeschooling Mama said...

So cute! LOVE it!!! I might have to steal your idea!

::lindsay said...

That was such a good idea. And you are right, it's such an easy way to have "custom" furniture. Well, probably the only way I'll ever have custom furniture! Ha! Ha!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Lovely, lovely! It makes a huge difference on your new shelf. We love Modge Podge at this house.

Janna G said...

you are so creative. I love it!

Heather said...

Wow, you are a smartie. ;)

tharker said...

Great idea!

Suzanne said...

Love it, love it, love it. When are you coming to my house to make one for me?

AOlson said...

Looks great Nicole!! You are so darned creative!!

Brenda said...

So cute - thanks for sharing, I may need to do something like this in my house now...Can I copy you?

Alicia Leppert said...

It's freaking adorable, but I have to say I can't really picture it in your boys' room.

PRP said...

You're a friggin' genius. Love it!

hatch said...

That is adorable! What a cool idea.