We've had a pretty decent month. For starters, my littlest sister, Megan, surprised us all by showing up on our doorstep on Friday in Feb. She had planned an amazing weeked for us all. Complete with dinner and hotel accommodations for Mel and I for valentine's day. I know. She is the BEST! Actually, I am surprised I let her leave. And Zoe keeps asking when she is coming back to play dollhouse.
The morning Megan left, we headed to Spokane to visit Mel's sister who had her baby. We all held and fell in love with the kids' first cousin on Mel's side - Adelyn. That same day, the contractors worked on our bathrooms and finished them both!
Nicklaus lost his first tooth last week. He is pumped about loosing his next one. I just love toothless grins!
The truth about what has taken my blogging time is my new obsession - saving money. I never thought it would happen to me, but I asked a friend to show me the ropes one day, and I've been hooked ever since. So, instead of reading my usual daily blogs, I am checking money saving blogs like our lives depended on it. And I even set up my purchases just like this when I get home so my whole family can praise my frugality - they just haven't gotten the memo yet.
The first Saturday of every month the kids and I head to Home Depot for their free kids clinic. It usually goes something like this:
Each kid picks up a kit
I try to read the instructions before all of their parts are lost
I assemble Zoe's as fast as I can so I can tell the boys how to do it
I end up disassembling Zoe's because the directions failed to mention something rather important
I reassemble Zoe's while helping Nick get his nails in straight
Around this time, Mel stops by to say hi - drawing attention from everyone in the area - now there is no denying whose kids these are - and who's wife can't follow directions.
Poor Tyler, left to his own devices has to take his project home half way done - because we have to leave for the 2nd soccer game of the day.
Each kid picks up a kit
I try to read the instructions before all of their parts are lost
I assemble Zoe's as fast as I can so I can tell the boys how to do it
I end up disassembling Zoe's because the directions failed to mention something rather important
I reassemble Zoe's while helping Nick get his nails in straight
Around this time, Mel stops by to say hi - drawing attention from everyone in the area - now there is no denying whose kids these are - and who's wife can't follow directions.
Poor Tyler, left to his own devices has to take his project home half way done - because we have to leave for the 2nd soccer game of the day.
It's fabulous, and the kids LOVE it! And now we have wooden sailboats, football goals, helicopters and memory trays. Who doesn't want 3 of each of those floating around their house?
6 comments:
Welcome to the club. I am having so much fun shopping for free lately it is crazy. I am kinda addicted! I need to get my kids to those clinics.... We used to go in Moses Lake all the time! What time are they?
So glad to see you are still alive!! I miss you. Hope Kayla and Nick end up on the same TBall team!!
Yeah, we just got rid of a few projects. Too bad the kids don't know it. Go coupon Queen.
I think we'll have to try those clinics too. Carson would like it.
That sounds so fun. I try not to be "bugged" by extra things around the house because it's the process that they remember, not the product. (I usually throw that stuff away if it's really bugging me about a week or two later- you know, to de-junk:) That is so nice of Megan - she's great!
I need to learn to ropes to saving money. It looks like fun.
I love the Home Depot kids clinic. What I love most about it is my Mom and Dan take my kids to it. Sometimes they even keep them overnight. It. is. awesome.
That is so sweet of your sister. I hope you enjoyed your break.
Post a Comment