CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Shocking, I know.

to be absent for months and then post twice in 24 hours? I don't know what's come over me. Except I have what I think is a fabulous idea. Tonight for Family Home Evening, we listened to Elder Holland's talk one more time. Afterward, we discussed it as a family, and as parents, we expressed to our kids that our greatest desire would be for them to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon just like Elder Hollands. We set a goal as a family to actually read the entire Book of Mormon - shamefully, not one of us has! We will start tomorrow night and work as a family to encourage eachother to attain this worthwhile goal. But that's not my point. My point is that was the easiest lesson I have EVER given for Family Home Evening. We gathered around the computer and listened to the talk first hand. Because I am a math geek I figured it all out: there were 29 talks given at General Conference this past weekend. There are 25 more Mondays until next Spring's General Conference. We've decided that for the next 6 months, we are going to gather round our computer for our Family Home Evening lessons and listen to most of these wonderful talks once again. I am so excited about this! I can just imagine all of the other goals we will be setting as a family as we are inspired by these great leaders.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Great idea! BTW I am glad you are back - maybe you will inspire me to post something!!!

AOlson said...

Awesome idea Nicole, I just may steal it from you.

The Lassen Family said...

Fabulous idea!!! I may have to steal it as well!!! the other 4 lessons can be on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter and maybe new years goals?