CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Last night was one of those nights that made me love living where we do. I am a city girl by nature. But, there is something to be said for small town living. Take the local Farm-league game last night. Mel won tickets to the game by being the 4th caller to the local sports talk show. I stopped by the radio station and picked up the tickets on my way home from swimming lessons yesterday. That would never happen in the city. I won't even begin to explain why. It just wouldn't.

So, we head to the game. I love it when my kids take eachother's hands. There is just something so cute about a sister between her big brothers, isn't there?



We find some great seats in the shade, and Nicklaus proceeds to do this:




THE.WHOLE.GAME.

Zoe did some of this:


Yes, she is sitting in the stairway. We love to be in people's way. I know they were driving people insane, but somehow it was all made better by the family who was sitting across the aisle. You may recognize them:




The team wasn't doing so good, and was down 5-0 in bottom of the 7th inning. Ty put on his rally cap, and amazing things happened:



They got 5 runs!!!



Yep, that perked us up a bit. Then, in the bottom of the 8th, they got 1 more run. WOO HOO!!!



They held on to their lead and gave us a WIN. It turned into a totally good game. I love to see the team run onto the field at the end of the game.

We took our time heading out to the car collecting coupons for free Chalupas on our way out, when a man stopped Mel and Zoe and handed Zoe a game ball. Seriously, ONLY in a small town. She was so delighted.



Her brothers? Not so much.


All in all, it was such a fun night. There is just something about a good ball game on a perfect summer night. Makes me want to do it all again next week.



Oh, and to top things off, we even got headsets for our cell phones from All-State Insurance. Those will come in handy when the hands-free law goes into effect on July 1.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Ooo... I need to get me a headset. Oh wait, I never drive anywhere so scratch that.

The game looks like fun, maybe next time we'll join you.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Would you believe that we have never been to a game at that stadium? I have to agree with you that this town is just about the right size. I lived for several years in L.A and even learned how to drive there, but when we went back to visit it drove me crazy, we are spoiled.
What a fantastic evening out together.

AOlson said...

We so loved sitting next to you guys last night. It was great fun!! We shoudl do it again very soon!! I am just glad that my kids had some other kids to be "kids" with!

meohmyers said...

Looks like so much fun! And how did Zoe end up with a game ball when 2 older brothers were with her, too? Lucky girl.

::lindsay said...

Looks like it was a really good time! I like the play by play, in pictures, of your evening.

Alicia Leppert said...

You ARE alive!! I wondered if you were ever going to post again. What a fun night. Thanks for the cell phone reminder. I told Bill I will be that idiot that completely does not think about it and out of habit grabs my phone and starts chatting away. I need a headset!

Kate said...

we are in the process of getting some headsets too, ugh.
you make me wanna go to a game right now! We havn't been to one since gabe was born!! Looks like you had a blast :)

The Donald said...

That is cool you were at the big comeback game. I think Lisa and I need to take the girls to more than one game this year. usually we get our free tickets for our neighborhoods baseball night, and that is the only time we go.

On another note, I can't remember if you like the Dr. Pepper or not, but I am having a contest right now giving away a case of the stuff. (Shameless self promotion!)

Jan said...

Love that picture of the kids holding hands. So cute. And your kids have really fun personalities Nicole. You are going to have so much fun to come with them. I can tell.

tharker said...

How fun! I think my favorite picture is of Zoe plugging her ears. What a cute girl!!

I need a headset too. I wonder if State Farm has any!

MichelleB said...

Hey we were at that game. It was a good one!! My kids love the Dust Devils. Only because Grandpa buys them snowcones at every game.