And all who were unfortunate enough to be there this morning. I am so sorry to subject you to the fiasco that was my children.
I have decided that it is the heat's fault. It had nothing to do with me.
I promise.
You see, my son was crying and whining that he wanted to sit in the cart. My daughter on the other hand wanted to stand in the cart.
I really did try everything in my motherhood arsenal to make them stop - no popsicle, that I would leave them there, and even the dreaded NAP. Nothing worked today.
However, I think my son did stop misbehaving when he was drowned out my his sister's screams.
And, we can look on the brightside that he didn't have a repeat performance of our trip to Craft Warehouse where he walked on the shelves and actually tipped one over right in front of his future Kindergarten teacher. (who I hope didn't recognize us)
Yes, let's be thankful for the little things.
In the future, I promise to stick to my midnight trips to visit you so we can be alone in peace - well except for your stock boys - thank goodness they don't scream.
My apologies,
A mother of very fearful children who are hiding in their bedrooms
About Me
My Blog List
My Blog List
I am III
Growing up the 3rd of 5 daughters, my mom devised a system to mark our clothing. I was 'III'. So, when it came time to hand something down, only one simple 'I' was added to indicate it now belonged to someone else.
I am the middle middle child of my family. #5 of 8 kids. #3 of 5 sisters. My oldest brother is 9 years older than me. My youngest brother is 9 years younger than me. It doesn't get any more middle than that.
I am III.
I am the middle middle child of my family. #5 of 8 kids. #3 of 5 sisters. My oldest brother is 9 years older than me. My youngest brother is 9 years younger than me. It doesn't get any more middle than that.
I am III.
8 comments:
After that morning, I really hope that YOU get a nap! You deserve one!
Don't you love trips to the store like that?
Shopping trips and children can be a scary combination. It's not even like I can predict who will be the troublemaker, age is not a factor at this house.
I agree, the late night trips alone are more peaceful and I spend less too.
This is why I avoid shopping with my kids at all costs. However, when your husband works 24 hours a day, it's unavoidable. Thanks for the laugh!
Ughhh... I feel your pain! I used to love shopping when I had just one...then two hit and I didn't like it so much, now with three I dread it!
Wow, that sounded fun....
I was at the grocery store at 10 pm on Saturday--Steve tends to come home and immediately get in his pajamas--no matter that it is 6 :) I wish I could think it gets better, but not really, just different? :) When are we allowed to leave them home by themselves?
What a lovely tale of the perfect shopping trip.
Take them to Fiesta Foods. The music and the atmosphere will keep them so much more entertained. Mattie never says a word in that store. I love their fresh taco shells and some other things. But that music just makes Mattie go silent.
I LOVED the last line . . .
A mother of very fearful children who are hiding in their bedrooms.
This is how my children are EVERY time we come home from a shopping trip!! Too funny. Thaks for the laugh. We have all been there!!
Post a Comment