CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Good and Bad of my week

Monday: Treated to lunch by some fun girls - Very Good!

Monday Night: up all night with Zoe barking - Bad

Tuesday: went to Dr. - saw Nurse Practitioner was told it was probably allergies - really?

Tuesday: went to lunch at friends' house who I haven't seen in forever - did some shopping in her daughter's closet - Zoe now has a few fall clothes - Very Good

Tuesday evening: got to spend some time with friends I haven't hung out with forever - good
missed volleyball - bad

Tuesday Night: Up all night with Zoe barking and struggling to breathe - BAD

Wednesday: Went back to the Dr. - saw the Dr. was prescribed medicine that will help Zoe to breathe - was informed Zoe's throat is so small we will probably be dealing with this quite often - good and bad

Called the pharmacy which had a coupon for a $10 giftcard with a new prescription(thank you Cindy) - they don't have the medication in stock - BAD - (no gift card for me)

Headed to the 'special pharmacy' where last time we had to go there for caffeine for Zoe we paid $700! - stress

Got cut off in the parking lot for the pharmacy's reserved spots - had to park 10 miles away (ok not 10 miles - it just seemed like it) I might have said a few choice things under my breath about the man who stole the spot.

Guess who I got to stand behind in line? NICE. Holding a sick child and bargaining with a 5 year old - that he didn't actually need a candy bar for being good. - not good

after about 45 minutes was told my the pharmacist that there was good news and bad news - never good

Bad news always first: there isn't any liquid med. available so I'll have to crush up 6 pills and slip them into her food - that's not so bad

Good news? I owe them $0.57! --- TOTALLY good news!

Wednesday Evening: I was stopped by at a man at the gas station so he could apologize for cutting me off at the pump - funny because I didn't even notice - I consider this the apology that I needed from the other man earlier in the day - good!

Wednesday Night: Zoe slept all night - a few coughs here and there, but NO trouble breathing. VERY GOOD!!!

Thursday Afternoon: received a phone call from this guy's new teacher:





She wanted to thank us for sending our son for her to teach. We had such a great conversation. It was a VERY good start to the new school year.



Friday morning: went walking with a great friend. Realized how totally out of shape I am. That's good, right?



Saturday: Spent the whole morning at soccer games, watching the boys run their hearts out. So good!



Saturday Night: stayed up entirely too late getting a primary talk ready, and I am not in primary. Procrastination=bad.




So, there you have it. Overall, the good definately outweighs the bad. That's a GOOD thing.

9 comments:

Shayla said...

Loved the way you summed up your week. Glad you found some medicine that could stop the barking child, that is no fun. Double glad it was only .57!! I enjoyed chatting with you on Tuesday night, as well. We should do that more often!

PRP said...

Way to look for the good in things. I'm sorry about Zoe...I hope she is feeling better and breathing well SOON!

::lindsay said...

Glad the medicine was .57! I think it is terrific that Tyler's teacher called. And really, who wouldn't want to teach him! He's the best!

Alicia Leppert said...

What a week! I feel honored that you were willing to miss volleyball for us. So glad Zoe's feeling better.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Poor little girl. Whenever I hear of a child not being able to breath well, it takes me back to my asthma attacks when I was a kid, it's miserable. Hope she's breathing better.

What a great honor for Tyler's teacher to call you, that's got to make a mom proud.

tharker said...

I'm glad that Zoe is feeling better. Allergies??? Nice.

.57 for a prescription, that IS good!

And I agree with Lindsay, really any teacher would be so lucky to have Tyler in their class. He is such a great kid.

By the way, I can so relate to trying to convince your 5 year old that a candy bar is not a reward for being good. SO relate!!

Hope this week is a better one for little Zoe.

Heather said...

What a week!!

Janna G said...

Wow! I am glade that the good out weighed the bad.

Andre said...

What I busy week!! Hope the next one slows down!