CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm falling in love

OK fine, I'm already in it. DEEP. And, I'm sad to say this post has nothing to do with Mel. Although I do love him dearly.

The new love of my life has actually transformed my life. OK, maybe transformed is a bit of an exaggeration, but if you don't already now, I am a bit of an exaggerator. As PW would say - I'm a middle child, so I'm entitled.

Do you really want to be introduced to the new love of my life? Because you can all have it too. We can all be in love with it together. Now I just sound like one of Nick's many girlfriends.

OK - I'll get on with it. The new love of my life is no other than..................................................




FACEBOOK!



Some of you may be thinking Facebook is only for teenagers to drive their parents crazy with yet another online networking tool, and while that may be true, it is SO much more.

If you are anything like me, and

#1 are LDS,
#2 have moved at any point in your childhood, or
#3 have lost contact with anyone in your life,

than facebook is totally for you!

Personally, I grew up in one house my whole life until the summer before my senior year. The end of Jr. year, I was good to go, and then BOOM - I was moved before Sr year started. That leaves a ton of friends I didn't even get to say goodbye to, let alone tell that I was moving.

Enter Facebook - 13 years later. I have found so many people from my childhood. I even found one guy I have literally known my ENTIRE life. No kidding. He was born 1 month before me, and his Mom brought him to the hospital with her to visit my Mom when she had me. We were in Primary together our whole lives. Now, he's a pilot in AZ.

I found the girl, who in Jr. High gave me the nickname Nikki-Sue. Go ahead, I know you want to - I give you permission to use that one in person. Just once though. What? Don't I strike you as a Nikki-Sue? Just be glad you didn't know me in Jr. High.

I found a couple of girls I was in Blue Birds with. Talk about back in the day, huh?

And, I am a little bit embarrassed to admit this, but I even reconnected with my very favorite cousin. She and I were soul mates in High School. It's a long story about why we lost touch, but I've never been so happy to have found any one on facebook.

There's also the girl who got suckered into giving me trumpet lessons in Jr. High - poor thing. And, some friends from Mom's Club which I no longer belong to. But, I think one of my favorite things about it is I can totally keep tags on my little brother. See, when he adds pictures to impress his legions of facebook friends, his big sister's get to see them too. Hopefully it keeps him from adding scary pictures, which hopefully will help him attract a nice girl one day.

See, Facebook is so useful. So, if you are on, add me. I would love to 'be friends' If you aren't -- climb out from under the rock you are living beneath and join in the fun. It's a party, and I just have to say, so much better than myspace. Just my opinion myspace lovers, just my humble opinion.

10 comments:

tharker said...

I too am a huge Facebook fan. Such an easy and fun way to re-connect with old friends.

Alicia Leppert said...

Hmm...didn't see that one coming. Facebook, huh? I always thought of it as something single people went to to hook up with each other. Maybe I'll have to check it out.

PRP said...

I agree, it's completely fun but I never think to go there on my own. I'll have to work on that!

meohmyers said...

I can't believe the amount of old high school friends of mine on facebook. So fun!

Shayla said...

So true, I have always adamantly refused to join the MySpace phenomena, it's just plain ugly...but I'm afraid I've fallen for the Facebook crowd. I love that I get to be "friends" with all my teenage nieces who put up their cutesy pictures and post silly little teenage stuff and I get to peek in on them and remember the good 'ol days...minus the internet and cell phones and text messaging... :-)

Stacia said...

You beat me to it! I was going to post about Facebook too! It seems a bunch of people have joined in the last month with me too! Thanks for confirming me a friend! :) I have reconnected with a lot of family too! Kelly is having a great time finding old roommates, friends from HS and BYU also.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I have really no idea what it is or how it works, but if you like it then wouldn't I like it too:)

I do love catching up with old friends.

Heather said...

I like it too... so much fun!

Amy J. said...

Ditto with Debie's comment. I am pretty much clueless!

Megan said...

Yeah, I mentioned Facebook the other day to Dad and he had no idea what I was talking about! Sometimes I forget how old he really is....scary! Now we just need Steve and David (or spouses!) on there and then our family would be complete! And it's cracking me up that Mel has all of sudden discovered facebook too! Now I can chat with him on there and tell him the next time that I go skydiving :D