
The summer 2008 Summer Olympic Games start in 10 days, and I am SO excited! There's just so much to love!
Here are some of the events I look forward to the most:
swimming
diving
gymnastics
rowing
canoe
volleyball
cycling
tennis
I wish I could say they will have my undivided attention while they are on, but, I'll just say thank goodness for DVR!!!
One of my very favorite things to see is how the host country prepares for the games. In Utah, how they 'beautified' the freeways. I have to admit, that while I thought it was a kind of crazy way to spend money, I do quite like driving down I-15 and seeing all of the cool engravings on the sides of the underpasses. It definately is a lot better than the way it was before the Olympics. But don't get me started on Utah roads. My point? I LOVE the stadium they have built in Beijing. It is called The National Stadium, but is also known as The Birds Nest.

Is that not the coolest stadium you've ever seen?
According to Wikipedia "The stadium will host the main track and field competitions for the 2008 Summer Olympics, as well as the opening and closing ceremonies."
I'll have my DVR set. I just hope it can keep up with everything I want to see!
According to Wikipedia "The stadium will host the main track and field competitions for the 2008 Summer Olympics, as well as the opening and closing ceremonies."
I'll have my DVR set. I just hope it can keep up with everything I want to see!
9 comments:
Ooh, that always gets my curiosity going: "What horrific thing did someone write that the administrator felt she had to delete?"
That stadium is amazing. I always think the same thing: What a waste of money, for a one-time event, but it really is so cool. I don't share your excitement for the olympics (except for gymnastics) but when Bill watches it, I have to say it is sometimes a bit of an adrenaline rush.
I'm excited for the Olympics too. I LOVE the Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track and Field. That stadium reminds me of something you'd see in a Harry Potter movie. It's so cool!
By the way, did you claim your 25-50 dollars yet????
Too funny Alicia - it was just some jibberish from 'lottery' nothing horrible here.
On second thought, I totally should have made something totally dramatic up, just to spice things up around here;)
I dodn't realize they were getting so close! I too love the Olympics and I am pumped to have a DVR as well! Go USA!
I love the Olympics too. I hope I can watch all of the gymnastics and swimming. According to Kayla she is going to the Olympics in gymnastics when she is 17!! Don't forget to look for her in 2020!!
That stadium is unbelieveable. I love the olympics but basically sit on the edge of my seat holding my breath the whole time, especially when watching gymnastics.
I am with you on that one, I am so excited for the Olympics. I love to watch the gymnastics and the swimming. I can't wait for the opening ceremonies.
I am jealous :( This is the one time in 4 years that I REALLY miss not having reception/cable. But I heard you can watch them online, so I may just have to stay glued to my computer instaed.
Post a Comment