CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Tagged again!

I was tagged by the beautiful and amazing Amy. I'm loving this one. It's so fun and uplifting.


Here are the rules:

1. Answer questions from your blog list of friends and family.
2. If you don’t have 18 names on your list, just pick one for the last question.
3. Tag 3 other people.

When did you meet the 1st person on your list?

I met Amy on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at about 6pm. I know you are all very impressed by my number skills once again, but we actually met at our boys' first t-ball practice. I remember being a little nervous that afternoon because I knew I was going to be meeting her for the first time - so I needed to try to bring my 'A' game. She had just barely started blogging, so I took a little time to read her and Rachael's
blogs just so I'd be prepared with conversation that was interesting to them. All that preparation, and it was totally in vain. I came away from practice laughing a little bit. They were so nice, and friendly. Not to mention totally funny. And, Amy even admitted to blog stalking ME! That's when I knew there was no going back from this blog thing. People had found it. Anyway, I still don't know Amy very well, but I am totally glad we've met, and I really hope that we can keep getting to know eachother. She seems like someone I could easily be great friends with!

What do you like about the 3rd person on your list?

What's not to like about Andrea? She's so warm and friendly. She will totally tell you what she thinks about anything, and we run into each other at the the most random places. I think the thing that I like most is the relationship she has with her boys. From what I see, they are phenomenal boys who love their Mom, and they always seem to be having a great time!


What do you like best about the 5th and 6th people on your list?

5th on my list is my older sister, Dani. The thing I like best about Dani is her honesty. Ironically, it's probably the thing I like least as well. I tease Dani that she has no filter. She will literally tell you exactly what she's thinking. I guess it depends on what were talking about if I like that trait or not. I could get really sappy and go on about how happy I am that she beat Leukemia over 5 years ago, but, I'll save you(and me) some tears and just say I am so lucky to have her as my sister.

6th on my list is Danyelle
- I think the thing I like most about Danyelle is that whenever I see her she is so friendly. I can always count on a smile and a wave when we pass in the parking lot at the school and a hello, how are you when we see each other at baseball practices. And even an hour long conversation while we wait in line for swimming lesson sign-ups. You can bank on the fact that Danyelle will be friendly.


How long have you know the 9th person on your list?

9th is Heather - I think she was my first Visiting Teacher when we moved into 6th ward at the end of December 2003. We didn't have any Rock Band visits, but it did start a very rewarding friendship. She and I can talk into the wee hours if the mood strikes.

What impresses you about the 11th and 12th people on your list?

11th is Jan - Her outlook on life absolutely impresses me! I wish I could be half as positive as she is.

12th is Jessica - being in YW with her for a short time, I am totally impressed by her knowledge of the gospel. It is way more than the fact that she served a mission. She is also one of the most 'real' people I've ever met. She doesn't put on a show - what you see is what you get.

What is a memory of the 16th?

16th is Kim - I've been trying hard to think of a memory of Kim - it's not that there aren't any - it's picking just one. I think one of the funniest times we've had was when we encountered the French Fry Police at Red Robin. It was just the 2 of us, we had shakes (I think) and fries. We finished our basket and asked the waiter for another - he told us NO! (Technically, bottomless fries only come with an entree. ) We told him we didn't care if he charged us for another order, just do what you need to do - we want more fries. He explained something about changing our order to a pound of fries or something and eventually brought out a 2nd basket of fries. We finished that one and totally could have asked for a 3rd, but didn't dare. (Have you heard how much Kim likes fries? - it was totally all her, honest). Anyway, we were kind of irritated by the guardian of the fries, and noticed the comment card that came with our bill. Kim totally started filling out the form and the waiter saw what she was doing. Not 2 minutes later, the manager 'happened' to come by to see how our dining experience was. Now, if I had been with anyone else, I probably wouldn't have said much to the manager. But, we're talking about Kim - she's not afraid of a fight. So, we told the manager about our experience with the French Fry Police - and while he understood our complaint, the waiter was technically right. We boo-hissed a little, and laughed our little(remember we only had 2 baskets, not 3) rears out the door. We decided that waiter needed to learn not to get between a SAHM and her bottomless fries!

Something nice about the 18th?

18th is Lindsay

I think Lindsay is one of the best kept secrets in town. From the outside, she is totally cute, hip, and very friendly. If you're lucky to get to know her a little, you know she is so easy to be with and hilarious. I was fortunate enough to meet Lindsay when we first moved to the area in 2002, and I have gotten to know her quite well over the years. She is insightful, thoughtful, sensitive, loving, spiritual, strong, capable, and very smart. One of my favorite things about Lindsay is that she is always willing to try anything - and rock at it. She can figure just about anything out. Okay, maybe not snaps, but pretty much anything else. And, she's humble to boot. I can't count the number of times I've heard of her taking a meal into someone - and I had talked to her for hours that very day, and she didn't mention it. I have never known her to toot her own horn or list her many accomplishments. All that, and she can make fun of me like a sister. She's a keeper!

WOW, this was FUN. OK, I tag Taneesha, Bre
nda, and Lindsay.

5 comments:

tharker said...

This tag is so fun. I might have to try it.

I've never heard the fry story before. That's hilarious! Way to go ladies. Show 'em who's boss.

All of your descriptions for these awesome ladies were perfect!

::lindsay said...

I really like this tag alot. It was fun to read your descriptions of everybody.

Thanks so much for your nice words. It really made my day and made me feel special! You're awesome!

Alicia Leppert said...

Who the heck is Taneesha? I don't know, but I think I might do this on my blog, it looks fun!

meohmyers said...

That's right, sister! Gimme my FRIES! My mouth is watering just thinking of RR french fries. Those were the days!

Love this one! Fun tag!

PRP said...

Alicia-I can't even understand how you were still awake at 1:52 this morning. It is mind boggling to me. I had been asleep at the point for FOUR hours already!!!

Love the fry story. And your description for Lindsay was perfection.