CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Fatties can't jump?




Mom's had enough
It's time she act tough
To church she will head
While Dad puts kids to bed

With cheers she is greeted
One more player was needed
On the court she finds a place
Where she will do the least waste

The ball starts to fly
As she tries not to die
Some women can jump
Mom feels like a stump

The score she does keep
Because it's really not deep
She's learned the new rules
And she tries to act cool

When it's her turn to serve
She has quite the nerves
Takes them all by surprise
Because she really did try

It went over the net
One point did SHE get
She gives one more try
And the ball starts to die

She shouldn't have hit it
Her toss was not with it
Into the net it did go
And the game kept it's flow

The net was her new home
She tried not to moan
'round in circles she did turn
As her brain cells did burn

She tried to look hip
As she performed quite the tip
They all tried not to be stunned
She was having such fun

Someone should have warned her
That as she got older
All of those bodily lumps
Meant that she shouldn't jump

The next day was so poor
Because she was so sore
Addicted she became
Though she wasn't the same

Every week now she goes
Not to make any foes
She's made several friends
Who matter in the end

If nothing else she does gain
A night out simple and plain
Plus a few calories burned
And a new lesson learned

If you do keep the score
And leave home all your bore
The talented forgive you
And still hit it to you.

10 comments:

tharker said...

You are cracking me up! I don't play, but I really want to drop by the church sometime and witness the action of all these volleball playin' studettes!

PRP said...

That is awesome. I still can't believe you go and play--I would be way too chicken. You rock it, sister.

::lindsay said...

Wow! See you are way more talented than me. If I had gone to volleyball last night, my post would have been something like this:

I went to volleyball last night. It was fun.

You are a very creative girl!

Heather said...

Ha ha. Glad you are still going strong!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I had no idea of your poetry skills. Good for you Nicole. It's all about the fun and friends.

Sara said...

Awesome you are so funny and I love that you rock the court when you can!

Ms. Kristen said...

Yeah for you! This fattie can not jump! I am proud of you!
So...you did it! You are back! Yeah! I am having a hard time finding time to post~!

The Lassen Family said...

wow--I am so impressed :) with the poetry skills and the volleyball playing :) I would just get hit in the face---over and over again :) I guess you need depth perception or something.

Megan said...

Hilarious, and very clever! I still haven't made it to volleyball--ever. and I can't rhyme to save my life.

Jan said...

Nicole-you rock. That is so funny and clever indeed. And to play in real life and not just in your mind like me. That is really way cool.

Nicole is way cool
she jumps with great style
I am amazed at her skills
They run over a mile

Pathetic effort but tried for you.