
I had the best visit on Friday with my best friend from High School, Michelle. Just look at the total cutie she brought with her. It was so good to finally meet Jayden. He has lived in West Virginia all his life - poor thing;) They were in WW visiting her parents and made the quick trip over to have lunch with little ol' me. And Nick. And Zoe. But it's all about us, isn't it Michelle? I really think Michelle is the best thing that could have ever happened to 17 year-old me. We met when I had moved to small town America from the suburbs of Seattle right before my senior year started. Talk about culture shock! Lucky for me, I found Michelle. It's not like she really had a choice. We soon became 'attached at the belly button' as one of our friends' dad put it. I am certain I am to blame for a small portion of her dad's gray hairs. He could not wrap his head around 2 people spending the day with eachother at school, taking a break for work after school and then meeting back up to 'work-out' after that, and STILL having something to talk about on the phone that night.
Here we are in a bad copy of a photo booth pic our senior year:

The friendship couldn't stop after one year, so when we were both accepted to Ricks College, we decided to live together. In the same room. Our guy friends were sure this would be our breaking point, but it was actually like having a little slice of home at college. I loved every minute of it.
Here's a funny M & N story: after our 1st semester, we lost 2 roommates and were getting 2 new ones. Michelle and I both had fake teeth on retainers. (We were both involved in seperate motor vehicle accidents - long stories) So, to welcome the new roommates, we stagged a huge fight behind our closed bedroom door. We were trying so hard not to laugh the whole time. The fight ended with Michelle leaving the room crying with her teeth knocked out. I think they bought it for about 30 seconds. We had lots of fun with our fake teeth.
We branched out our second year and decided to live ................. next door to eachother. Not that that slowed us down one bit.
Here is a very scary scrapbook page which I obviously did back in the day:

I think my favorite thing about our friendship is the fact that we can go months and years without talking to eachother and when we get together we pick up right where we left off.
I am so excited for her and her husband to be blessed with this beautiful child. He is one lucky little boy. And I am one lucky girl to have such an awesome friend!
3 comments:
He is very cute! Glad you had fun with Michelle!
Here's to good friends!!
YEah!!!! I am so happy for them!! He is a doll :) Does she have a blog?
Post a Comment